Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview

For my future readings, I chose to read the public domain edition: Ramayana. The first thing that caught my eye was that it is free, which tends to attract most people. As I read more about the two different versions, I discovered more reasons why I personally would benefit from the public domain edition. I am a visual learner, so since these readings have lots of illustrations, I was instantly attracted. The first comic book that caught my attention is Ganga. I have always been fascinated with rivers and oceans and all things water, so a story set in the sea seems very interesting to me. The other comic book I would like to read is Rama. The whole story of Rama seems very interesting to me due to all the drama that surrounds his life. My absolute favorite video was the Symbols of Divinity. Seeing what the lotus, linga, and other symbols represent for different divinities is something that I find really fascinating as these types of symbols really vary from culture to culture. The next video I loved was Indian and Greek Mythological Parallels  because I have always been in love with Greek Mythology. Ever since a young age, I have read about Greek gods and goddesses and can name a good majority of them, so seeing the similarities between Indian and Greek Mythology was really cool.
 File:Krishna, Vyasa console Ganga following Bhishma's death.jpg
(Ganga: Wikimedia)
My favorite image is picturing Ganga, since I realized earlier how interested I am in her story and origin of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an ...