Thursday, April 23, 2020

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an amazing cause fighting for further research and finding a cure for this disease that impacts millions. My grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2001, when I was only two years old. I don't remember anything from that time, but my mom vividly remembers. I hear stories about all the treatments and visits to the hospital. Almost everyone knows someone who has cancer, and people need to do more to find a cure. Relay for Life is one of the most accessible ways we as OU students can do this. The relay is hosted every year on campus and it is an amazing event.

Note: I just wanted to talk about a charity cause close to my heart and my families. I also wanted to encourage my readers to sign up for this event, as every person counts.



















(Relay for Life: by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an ...