Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Concept of Growth Mindset

The idea of a growth mindset isn't talked about much in our society. I had never heard of Carol Dweck or growth mindset before in my studies or every day life. Within my school work, I would like to think I have an open growth mindset that accepts challenges in order to attain more knowledge. During my time at the University of Oklahoma, I have learned more about my learning skills than I ever did in my twelve years of grade school. I learned I do better with visual learning, rather than reading straight from textbooks. I have a very short attention span so it is very hard for me to sit still and read page after page of text. My biggest challenge would be when professors only assign reading assignments, as I have a hard time focusing on such bland material. I am interested into seeing more in this semester about learning to actively incorporate a growth mindset in my day to day assignments. 

(Growth or Fixed Mindset: Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an ...