Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Storybook Favorites

Indra Lord of Thunder
I thought this story about the different Gods of Thunder was unique and interesting. Incorporating the Greek, Norse, and Vedic gods creates a dynamic storyline that the reader can easily get lost in. I am very familiar with greek mythology and I know a little about Norse mythology. However, I didn't know anything about Vedic religion, later shaping the religion of Hindu. Although all these beliefs have a god of thunder, it is interesting to see the personality differences intertwine and interact with one another. Overall, I loved the storyline and the layout of the storybook.

(Thor's Fight with the Giants: Wikipedia)

Gossip Girl Ayodhya
As an avid Gossip Girl fan, I was instantly drawn into this storybook. From the drama to the romance, it perfectly encases the true essence of gossip girl. Add the multi-layered storyline of the Vedic religion and you have this fascinating storybook. Through Rama's dramatic life, we learned more about the subculture and life lessons of the Vedic religion, even if it is through an altered storyline. The introduction might be my favorite part, since it has a very similar style to gossip girl. When stories are altered to look more like past-time favorites, interest is peaked.

Rama on the Golf Course
I took a personal interest in this outlook of the story of Rama, since I was on my high school's golf team for all four years. I thought the chosen title was interesting, since the storybook was about golf and romance, but you wouldn't know that from the title. This mystery surrounding the title lead to multiple surprises within the storyline. Having a background in golf helped me to better understand specific references and the golf storyline within the text. My one wish though is that the chapter title pages included a reference to the names of the characters or some reference to the Vedic religion. Overall, I greatly enjoyed the storybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an ...