Sunday, January 26, 2020

Topic Brainstorm: Making a Storybook

Project Idea I: For my first idea, I wanted to do a storybook about the different love stories within the Indian Epics realm. I have always been drawn towards love stories, from books to movies, they are always so beautiful in their own way. I would base the stories around another famous romantic relationship, although I haven't decided which one. Similar to How I Met Your Mother, I would use a famous story to integrate into the Indian Epic. I have seen many shows and movies and read many books about love stories, so I think I could be very good at it.

Project Idea II: Another idea I thought of was to write a story about Trijata, a demoness who is given the job of guarding the kidnapped princess Sita. I am interested in her power and strength. I would write a series of stories about her from the viewpoint of her life. For every story, it would be in the eyes of her thoughts throughout all the stories. I would like to learn more about her life throughout these stores.

Project Idea III: My third idea is about the elephants of the Himalayas. I have always loved elephants and their elegance. They represent so much majesty in Indian culture. As a sacred animal, they represent intellectual and mental strength. I would write these stories from the viewpoint of an animal activist hoping to bring awareness of elephants against poachers killing elephants for their tusk. I want to learn more about elephants through this research and storytelling.

Project Idea IV: My final idea is the write about Devi, a powerful goddess in Hinduism. I want to learn more about her story and everything she represents. I am drawn to the idea of a powerful feminine figure. I could retell her story through the eyes of a modern day women living in the city. I think retelling these stories in modern day times could bring more attention to these stories.

File:Tales from the Indian Epics 061.jpg
(Indian Epics: wikimedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biography: A Second Chance

Being diagnosed with cancer is probably one of the most terrifying, and common, diseases that faces our society today. Relay for Life is an ...